Scholarship Application Instructions
APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW OPEN
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ALL MATERIALS INCLUDING PERSONAL REFERENCE LETTERS:
APRIL 20, 2017, MIDNIGHT PST
SUBMIT COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE TO:
- Permanent residency status and California residency of at least one year.
- Attendance at an accredited 4-year college or university issuing a bachelor’s or higher degree.
- College sophomore or better status as of August 1, 2017.
- STUDENTS MUST HAVE AT LEAST A 3.0 GPA ON A 4.0 SCALE, OR A 4.0 GPA ON A 5.0 SCALE, FOR CONSIDERATION.
Documents to be submitted:
- Scholarship Application Checklist 2017
- Scholarship Application 2017
- Membership Application 2017 with payment of $20 student membership dues.
- Most recent official transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from a college instructor sent from a college email address. Recommendation Form 2017
- One letter of character reference from a responsible person who is a respected and established member of the community. You may not use members of your immediate family, other applicants or children. Email submission is preferred.
- A recent, identifiable digital photograph. Photo may be used for publicity purposes – on PUCLA Web site, in program booklets, etc.
- A copy of your most recent tuition invoice only for the quarter or semester. This will be held in strict confidence. Please submit electronically.
- A concise, informative and factual autobiography. The autobiography should be no longer than 500 words and should not exceed 1 page single-spaced.
- Curriculum Vitae (Resumé) which includes education, employment history, community / volunteer activity and membership in Polish-American organizations.
- A 7–10 page research paper on any aspect of Polish history or culture.
- Attendance at a personal interview. The Scholarship Chairperson will notify you of your interview time after reviewing your application. Interviews usually last between 20-30 minutes and may be scheduled at any time during the day. If you anticipate a scheduling conflict, please notify the Scholarship Chairperson at the time of submittal. Accommodations are not guaranteed. Interviews may NOT be scheduled for any other day. Under special circumstances, the Scholarship Committee may allow a telephone / Skype interview. Interviews are held once a year only. The 2017 interviews will be on Saturday, May 13.
- Attendance at two PUCLA fundraisers for scholarship presentation (usually held in June and December). Arrangements may be made for students attending schools outside the Southern California area.
Applicant evaluation is based upon character, academic standing, and financial need. Half of the scholarship will be given for the Fall 2017 semester and half for the Spring 2018 semester, provided all obligations are met.
All forms needed for application package:
Individual Form Download:
Please note our new address at Szarotka Polish Retirement Foundation for transcript, membership fee, and letter of character reference:
Polish University Club of Los Angeles
3400 W Adams Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90018